SQL Compare results showing identical objects as having diff

bbainsbbains Posts: 5
edited November 5, 2007 12:16PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi!

I've run a SQL Compare and it is showing several tables whose structures are identical as having differences. When I look at the scripts that are generated, they are identical. Any idea as to what is going on?

Also, when I run a compare against databases where the object owners are different, tables that have identical structures are marked as different because they have different owners. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

I'm running version 6.1.0.53.
Thanks,

Buddy

Comments

• 1) When you say that SQL Compare is showing the tables as having differences, do you mean that the tables are listed as 'Different' in the main grid, or that there are differences highlighted in the SQL Differences pane?

2) If all of tables under one owner (or schema in 2005) in the source database are owned by a single different owner in the target database, you can try using Map Owners... (a button on the main Edit Project Configuration window) to tell SQL Compare to treat those two owners as identical. This should be okay with just tables but you might run into difficulties if the tables are referred to by views / functions / stored procedures etc. as the references in the bodies of those objects won't be made identical by the mapping.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software