Context Menu entries while debugging

When running under the VS2005 debugger, the context menu entries of the ANTS profiler are mixed into the debug commands.

I think that they actually should not appear at all when the application is already running under the debugger i its not possible to start profiling a method from here on.

Or, at least they should be separated from the debug commands in the menu.

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

I'm afraid I don't completely understand. You are saying that the ANTS Profiler add-in items (profile class, profile namespace, profile method) are showing up in your Visual Studio debug menu? Are they there when you are not debugging?

I can say for certain that all of the ANTS menu items are exclusively available in the ANTS menu. If they are anywhere else, then something is wrong.

Maybe it would be a good idea to reset your IDE?

DEVENV.exe /resetaddin RedGate.Profiler.VSAddin.Connect
    -or-
    DEVENV /setup

These should clean up any problems with the add-in. Running /Setup can potentailly be destructive because it will reset all of your addins.
  • Right click in any source code window inside the IDE, brings up the editor context menu. Among other entries it contains 3 entries from the ANTS Profiler - Profile Method, Profile Class, Profile Namespace.

Those entries make not much sense during a debug session.
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Ah, the context menu. Fair enough.

I think these can be made unavailable when profiler is invoked. I'll get that looked into.