Bug - Can't seem to refresh cache after deleting for DB?

paschottpaschott Posts: 71 Bronze 4
edited October 17, 2007 7:03AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
This is an odd behaviour - using the latest release of SQL Prompt 3.6. I was trying to refresh the cache of an existing database and kept getting a problem with the security - a context error that seemed to imply it was trying to connect using Windows authentication instead of SQL authentication.

I deleted that entry from the cache and figured I could just refresh it, but now when I try to refresh the cache for this database, it uses the last "used" database and refreshes that cache.

e.g. If I start in "master", then switch to the People DB and refresh cache, master refreshes. When I switch to a Giving DB and refresh cache, it refreshes for Giving. Switching back to People and refreshing the cache also refreshes for Giving.

Any ideas?

-Pete Schott

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Pete,

Refresh cache (CTRL-ALT-D) will refresh the database that the current query window is connected to. It doesn't seem to refresh any other cached databases. For that, you may use the Cache Management->Refresh All button.

If you delete a database from the cache while a query window is connected to that database, refreshing will do nothing. In order to cache the database again, you can open a new query window connecting to the deleted database. Prompt will then pick the deleted database up as if it were a brand-new one and populate the cache for it.

I hope this helps.