Options

Smart Rename Bug?

I am using Smart Rename to rename a stored procedure. The stored procedure references a view. In the Action Plan tab of the Smart Rename dialog, the view is listed and it indicates a refresh will be done on the view. In the Referencing Objects tab, it shows the view as depending on the stored procedure. Two questions:

1) Why is it necessary to refresh the view?
2) To have the view appear in the Referencing Objects tab is clearly wrong. The view does not (and cannot) reference the stored proc. The stored proc references the view. So, why is the view listed here?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Randy,

I agree totally. The reason why Refactor needs to refresh the view is probably to ensure that no errors occur when the SQL is run. If a view happens to be changed in the script, then the view needs to be 'recompiled' to reflect the changes. This may be unnecessary in your case but I centainly don't think it's going to hurt anything, is it?
  • Options
    Brian,

I don't have a real problem with the script refreshing the view. What I object to is the Referencing Objects Tab showing the view as being dependent on the stored procedure. This is clearly wrong.

Randy