Options

ANTS Profiler VS Addin Not Installed

We recently purchased ANTS Profiler v.3 Standard (3.1.0.20), and after the install I expected to see the profiler addin in VS (2003, and 2005).

I don't see any new menu items in any context menus, or in the tool bar. In fact I don't see the Addin DLL installed on my PC either...

I've re-ran the installation (Add Remove Programs -> ANTS... -> Change, and Repair), and I don't see an option to install the addin.

What am I missing?

System:
Windows XP,
VS 6.0, 2003, and 2005 installed.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for asking.

You're prompted to install the Visual Studio add-ins as the last option of the ANTS Profiler installation routine. As far as I know, the default is to not install the add-in, so that would make it easy to miss.

I think the easiest thing to do would be to simply uninstall and reinstall ANTS Profiler and remember to choose the option to install the add-in on the last screen of the installation.

If that fails, I could take you through how to install the add-ins manually.
  • Options
    That worked, the check box option is on the "Destination Folder" page in the InstallShield Wizard. ( Not the most intuitive place :) )

Thanks for you're quick reply!