Options

SQL Backup's impact to profile size | Refresh rate

stedunstedun Posts: 11
edited August 17, 2007 11:41AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
In my user profile, there is a file "1.dat" that is approaching 400 MB. What is it and can I reduce or control its size?

...\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Server Data\1.dat

Also, is there a way to set the frequency that the SQL Backup refreshes or updates its GUI display? On slow servers and servers with many databases it appears to not paint the screen in time before the next refresh cycle. I'd like to reduce it even if that means I see slightly stale data.

Thanks. Love the product.

Comments

• Options
    Hi,
    The .dat file is the local cache of the enhanced backup history from SQL Backup, containing all the backup and restore history (minus any older data that has been purged).

The only way to reduce the file size at this stage is to purge the activity history from the enhanced backup history (the "SQL Backup data store"), using the options dialog in the SQL Backup 5 GUI.

--

As for your second question, unfortunately the variable refresh feature is not currently available in SQL Backup 5.1 (or the 5.2 patch, which only covers server components), but it is something we are considering for a future release.

Hope that helps,
    Jason