Options

Problem Editing Jobs

jboazjboaz Posts: 3
edited July 14, 2007 1:58AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
*Edit*

After making this post, I noticed the "Exclude/Include These" dropdown in step 2 of the wizard and only excluded the system databases without checking any user databases for the same result.

I am posting this in hopes it will help someone else after i had spent an hour or two trying to figure out the problem.

I have just moved moved to 7 new servers with SQL Server 2005 Standard 64-bit and migrated all of my databases to the instances. We have on average about 200 databases per instances.

Problem:
I would go through the wizard to schedule my jobs and they would not be editable in SQL Backup upon completion. In the process I was choosing to backup all user databases. I could create backup jobs on the systems databases or even just choosing a few user databases and it would let me edit the job via the GUI but not by checking the box for user databases.

Solution:
Upon looking at the jobs through management studio, I noticed that in the backup statement, it listed every single database in there even though i chose user databases. So i went in to the job and changed it as follows and i was able to edit it though the GUI. I am not sure if this is a bug or not but i would gladly provide any more information needed.

BACKUP DATABASE [Test1, Test2, Test3].......

to

BACKUP DATABASES EXCLUDE [master, msdb, model].......

Comments

• Options
    After making this post, I noticed the "Exclude/Include These" dropdown in step 2 of the wizard and only excluded the system databases without checking any user databases for the same result.