Compare Options Missing?

dairecdairec Posts: 6
edited July 11, 2007 9:58AM in DTS Package Compare 2
Hi there.

I'm using DTS Compare 2.0 to compare two packages with different GUIDs.
According to the online help there is an Ignore GUIDs option in the Options menu. However, when I go to the Options menu I do not see this option or indeed, any other of the "Ignore..." options. I only see options for "Don't wait...", background comparing and saving passwords. In the Advanced Options I only see options for caching.
I notice the help seems to be for pre-version 2.0. Were these options removed in version 2.0?

The servers are SQL Server 2000.

Regards,
Daire

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Daire,

Unfortunately the help for DTS Package Compare had never been completed, so the options are not going to be where the outdated help says they are.

If the goal of setting this option is to be able to filter out previous versions of the same package, DTS Package Compare 2.0 already has this functionality built-in. It is possible now to compare all versions of the packages to each other or even different versions of the same package.
  • Hi Daire,

Unfortunately the help for DTS Package Compare had never been completed, so the options are not going to be where the outdated help says they are.

If the goal of setting this option is to be able to filter out previous versions of the same package, DTS Package Compare 2.0 already has this functionality built-in. It is possible now to compare all versions of the packages to each other or even different versions of the same package.

Thanks Brian, I see all the options in the Filter tab now.

Daire