Slow Loading of apps

ChrisRickardChrisRickard Posts: 37 Bronze 2
edited July 2, 2007 8:28PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I'm running Vista and SQL Prompt 3.1.0.40.

Every time I start SSMS or QA there is about a 1 minute delay before the app becomes active. In the case of SSMS the splash screen is displayed the entire time.

Once the applications actually become active SQL Prompt works normally, indexing the database objects take the same amount of time as normal, and all intellisense functions are active.

If I right click the tray app and uncheck "Start SQL Prompt when you start Query Analyzer" Query Analyzer loads instantaniously.

Comments

• I was having the same issue with QA until recently. A red-gate employee here suggested I go into C:\Documents and Settings\<YOUR_ACCT>\Local Settings\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 3 and rename that folder to something else. Make sure you shut down SQLPrompt and QA/SSMS before you do this.

This solved my exact problem.

Apparently the config/cache files get jacked and cause an issue.

After I did this, I had to re-set my options but I was able to copy my custom snippets xml file from the old renamed folder into the new folder and it worked fine.
  • ChrisRickardChrisRickard Posts: 37 Bronze 2
    istomtom wrote:
    I was having the same issue with QA until recently. A red-gate employee here suggested I go into C:\Documents and Settings\<YOUR_ACCT>\Local Settings\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 3 and rename that folder to something else. Make sure you shut down SQLPrompt and QA/SSMS before you do this.

Thanks, I'll try this!
  • ChrisRickardChrisRickard Posts: 37 Bronze 2
    That did the trick, thanks! :D