Ants script test and Ants Load out of sequence. Manifest err

jay turnerjay turner Posts: 6
edited June 14, 2007 2:18PM in ANTS Load
When I installed the script tester I was no longer able to run ANTS load (ver 1.75.0 build 4) When I reinstalled ANTS load I receive an error from the script tester 'RedGate.Ants.TestInformation' does not match the assembly reference.

While the both apps now start I am uncertain if there is a problem. Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Jay,

Script tester comes with the DLLs from ANTS Load, so that if there ever were an update to ANTS Load, the script tester wouldn't need to be rebuilt.

I have a feeling that you have copied script tester into the ANTS Load program directory. It should be in its' own directory, away from ANTS Load. This may also happen if RedGate.ANTS.TestInformation has been registered into the Global Assembly Cache (It wouldn't ordinarily be there unless you had specifically run GACUTIL.exe to put it there).
  • I am feeling foolish here. I somehow read the install instructions for the scrip tester to say I needed to install the tool in the same directory as the load tool. I reread the directions today and see that is not at all what the instructions say. Sorry to waste your time on this mistake of mine.