New Schema is not showing up in mapping

Al CAl C Posts: 12
I am trying to compare tables in 2 databases on different servers (both are SQL 2005). I have SqlDataCompare 5.3.0.68. The problem is that I created a new schema called 'rpt' on both databases and created tables within the 'rpt' schema on each database. The tables have the same names on both databases, e.g. rpt.Table1, rpt.Table2 etc. Now I am trying to compare the data in those tables but the Tables & Views tab in Project Configuration is only showing me tables in the 'dbo' schema. How do I get it to compare the tables in the 'rpt' schema? I tried clicking the 'Refresh' button on the Tables & Views tab, but that did not help. Also, on the Tables & Views tabs, it does not show me the schema of the object, i.e. 'dbo' etc. so it is difficult to know what is being selected when there is a dbo.Table1 and also a Table1 in a different schema, e.g. rpt.Table1.
Thanks, Al

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Al,

I'm sorry, but the best idea I've had is that the account you use to connect to the database does not have permissions to objects in the rpt schema. I'm sure you've probably checked into this already.
  • I am using the sa account so I should be able to view all objects. Can you try this. Create a new schema like this:
    CREATE SCHEMA rpt

Then add some tables within this new 'rpt' schema and let me know if they appear in SqlDataCompare. Thanks.
    Thanks, Al
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    They do. I'd creates a new schema, scripted my example table from dbo and changed the schema to RPT, and both example tables appear in tables and views.

The 'Remap Objects' tab contains the schema as well as the object name.