Options

Usage of tempServerTypeBuild option in RedgateSqlChangeAutomationBuild ADO task.

I have an existing pipeline that is using RedgateSqlChangeAutomationBuild@4 task and "localDB" value for tempServerTypeBuild option.  This causes errors whenever the project contains syntax that's targeting Azure SQL Database, for example creating external tables.  I was told that I need to use the option for tempServerTypeBuild that corresponds to Azure SQL DB, but I cannot find any documentation on how to do this.  The closest I could find is a code snippet at the bottom of this page that shows an example using "sqlServer" option:
-&nbsp;task:&nbsp;RedgateSqlChangeAutomationBuild@4<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;inputs:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;operation:&nbsp;'Build&nbsp;SQL&nbsp;Change&nbsp;Automation&nbsp;Project'<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;sqlProj:&nbsp;'northwind/northwind.sqlproj'<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;packageName:&nbsp;'NW'<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;tempServerTypeBuild:&nbsp;'sqlServer'<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;tempServerNameBuild:&nbsp;'(localdb)\MSSQLLocalDB'<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;tempDatabaseNameBuild:&nbsp;'Northwind'<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;authMethodBuild:&nbsp;'windowsAuth'<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;nugetPackageVersionSelector:&nbsp;'Specific'<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;nugetPackageVersion:&nbsp;'1.0'<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;nugetPackageVersionUseBuildId:&nbsp;true<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;requiredVersionOfDlma:&nbsp;<span>'latest'</span>
I don't know if this value works for Azure, or how to properly use the other options like "authMethodBuild", or even if this will fix my issue.

Any help from community will be much appreciated!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    DanCDanC Posts: 592 Gold 4
    Hi @dbriskin

Of course, here's the config when I convert:
    tempServerTypeBuild: sqlServer
        tempServerNameBuild: dancalvertesting.database.windows.net
        tempDatabaseNameBuild: 'SCA_Temp'
        tempTrustServerCertificateBuild: true
        authMethodBuild: sqlServerAuth
        usernameBuild: DanCalver