Options

I am unable to get the SQL Compare plugin working with SSMS 19

I originally posted this as a comment on https://forum.red-gate.com/discussion/89594/is-toolbelt-compatible-with-ssms-19, but I'm starting a new thread as the rest of toolbelt seems to be working.

I installed SSMS 19 this morning and downloaded and installed the latest version of SQL Toolbelt Essentials.  I'm getting the same error message ("The 'SQLSourceControlPackage' did not load correctly") when going into SSMS.

I uninstalled SSMS 18, SSMS 19 and SQL Toolbelt, rebooted, reinstalled.  No difference.

I need to get SQL Source control working.  Please advise, and thanks!

From the ActivityLog.xml file, it seems that the inner exception is a "key not found" error:

<entry>
    <record>263</record>
    <time>2023/06/12 12:46:44.792</time>
    <type>Information</type>
    <source>VisualStudio</source>
    <description>Begin package load [SqlSourceControlPackage]</description>
    <guid>{29D00CBC-D1F6-4F0A-9418-FC8454E3B4FE}</guid>
  </entry>
  <entry>
    <record>264</record>
    <time>2023/06/12 12:46:45.089</time>
    <type>Error</type>
    <source>VisualStudio</source>
    <description>CreateInstance failed for package [SqlSourceControlPackage]Source: &apos;mscorlib&apos; Description: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.&#x000D;&#x000A;System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---&gt; System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Extension.SqlSourceControlPackage..ctor()&#x000D;&#x000A;   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean&amp; canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal&amp; ctor, Boolean&amp; bNeedSecurityCheck)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark&amp; stackMark)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark&amp; stackMark)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark&amp; stackMark)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.Activator.CreateInstanceFromInternal(String assemblyFile, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.AppDomain.CreateInstanceFrom(String assemblyFile, String typeName)System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Extension.SqlSourceControlPackage..ctor()</description>
    <guid>{29D00CBC-D1F6-4F0A-9418-FC8454E3B4FE}</guid>
    <hr>80004005 - E_FAIL</hr>
    <errorinfo></errorinfo>
  </entry>
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers