Options

View Comparison - Wrong Data showing up

ColinLeeColinLee Posts: 2
I'm comparing the same view in two different databases we have.

In the result set, it shows some data from one view not appearing in the other (this is correct).

Some of the rows however stand out as having noticably incorrect data. The rows that don't exist in the other view are rows that were created in the last few days, however the date column doesn't always show that date.

So basically I get rows like this:

ID DATE
100 4/30/2007
101 4/30/2007
102 6/3/2005
103 4/30/2007

When I query the view directly against the database it comes back with 102 4/30/2007. That I've noticed it appears to have the wrong data in a few cases for 2 different date columns that I have.

So basically I'm very concerned about why it's showing the wrong data.

This is probably related, but I'm also getting multiple rows with the same ID coming back - which I wouldn't expect (and also don't get if I query the view directly).

So something like
101 4/30/2007
101 5/1/2005

If I query it directly I only get 101 4/30/2007

I'm using SQL 2005 - I'm using a standard view, not indexed. I've set up a custom key in the comparison to be a composite key of 2 columns which I know make it unique as I have another system which uses this view and requires them to be unique - the database I'm having problems with is currently being used by that system.

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Colin

What you have described is certainly strange behaviour. I searched through our call history and passed forum posts, this behaviour until now has never been reported before.

I will try and recreate you fault symptoms.

I will send you a private message if I require any further information.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Eddie Davis
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    Technical Support Engineer
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Colin

The columns that you are selecting for the custom comparison, what are the data types for the columns selected?
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com