SQL HISTORY question:

Is there a way to sort the search results when using the search feature within SQL HISTORY?  Also, how about a way so revision history isn't included in search results?
Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @ePrime

Thanks for reaching out on the Redgate forums regarding your SQL History questions.

At this point there isn't a way to sort the results or modify what is included in the search results.

This functionality was added just recently in v10.13 as an overhaul of Tab History and is potentially going to expand with features as part of future releases of SQL Prompt.

I've been unable to ascertain a roadmap on what this may include but it would be worth posting up feature requests on our UserVoice page for better visibility to our development teams.

Redgate product development teams use the feedback provided on UserVoice to help determine features and functionality of our software that would make your everyday processes quicker & easier.

SQL Prompt requests can be posted here - https://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/94413-sql-prompt

Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software
  • CarlaCarla Posts: 4 Bronze 1
    This is a real step backwards. I am unable to find when I have used anything recently. The list is not sorted in any order, that I can tell.
  • dkusleikadkusleika Posts: 12 Bronze 3
    I agree. This feature is almost unusable. Is there any way to go back to Tab History until this feature is ready?
  • Hi @ePrime@Carla, @dkusleika

Thank you for your comments regarding the SQL Search functionality concerns. 

I have been advised that our development team have taken the ordering/sorting of search results into their backlog of work to be addressed in a future release of SQL Prompt.

Regarding reverting to Tab History. The last release that had this functionality included is v10.13.2.
    If you wish to revert to this version whilst waiting for a new release of SQL History the download link is available here:
    https://download.red-gate.com/checkforupdates/SQLPrompt/SQLPrompt_10.13.2.31952.exe

Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software
  • ePrimeePrime Posts: 2 Bronze 1
    Thanks for the update Jon.