Beyond Annoyed: Log Shipping

ehoffman73ehoffman73 Posts: 4
edited April 25, 2007 11:38PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
So we got the Backup software as it states you can do log shipping from one remote SQL server to another.

Well, to me that means remote. One network to another.

Been tinkering with it tonight, but every stinking time I get to the part about a network path. Obviously that doesn't fly quite right.

How do I get this wizard to work?

Backups and Log Shipping isn't hard, I just wanted an easy tool for my admins to center on, and it appears to me at this point that it does not do what it claimed.

I am sure I am wrong, but I need some pointers. Maybe I have something set up wrong. It says the security cannot access that network share. Well, duh. But maybe its about that security piece, and I am not sure I get where I set it. Anyone know?

Comments

• peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    To access remote shares, you need to ensure that the SQL Backup Agent service startup user has the required rights.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • so no matter they are on different networks? I just have to grant the login to the SQL agent to the shared folder with the credentials from the other network?

How would that work?
  • ehoffman73 wrote:
    so no matter they are on different networks? I just have to grant the login to the SQL agent to the shared folder with the credentials from the other network?

How would that work?

took off the stupid hat for now.....think I got it.