SQL Source control crash SSMS when open sub folder

HL_ILOHL_ILO Posts: 4 New member
edited October 13, 2022 7:42AM in SQL Source Control
Hello,

I'm testing this nice product, but one of my server is on AWS, when openning table, or stored procedure ssms crash, and I stay it's a loop, I have to kill ssms

edit: ssms v18.12.1
edit2: Uninstalled, then I don't have crash without this module...
Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @HL_ILO

Unfortunately, SQL Source Control doesn't support AWS RDS, instead you will need to use Flyway Desktop.

https://documentation.red-gate.com/soc/requirements-and-supported-systems

If you are interested in database version control with Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Database Managed InstancesAmazon RDS for SQL Server, or SQL Server on Google Cloud Platform, try Flyway Desktop, Redgate's next generation of SQL Source Control. Try it or get in touch with our sales team for a demo.
    Kind regards

Victoria Wiseman | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • HL_ILOHL_ILO Posts: 4 New member
    Hello,
    thank you for the answer.
    I don't want to use Source Control then I uninstall it and it's ok.
    But there is a real bug, source control (demo) installed, not setup, you could'nt open table or stored procedures in explorer, you have to kill ssms on task manager because error is looping to infinite
  • Hi @HL_ILO

I'm sorry you were seeing this issue with SQL Source Control.

You mentioned that you were seeing this crash for tables/Stored procedures on your AWS server, however do you see the same behavior on a local database?
    Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • HL_ILOHL_ILO Posts: 4 New member
    Dan_J said:
    Hi @HL_ILO

I'm sorry you were seeing this issue with SQL Source Control.

You mentioned that you were seeing this crash for tables/Stored procedures on your AWS server, however do you see the same behavior on a local database?
    Hi,
    I have ~10 sql remote
    2012 to 2019 it's ok
    1 local ok
    1 azure ok
    1 aws KO => crashing openning table & stored procedure folder
  • Hi @HL_ILO

Would you be able to share your SQL Source Control log file? If there are multiple, please try and zip those up. By default, log files for all Redgate tools are located in: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Red Gate\Logs

Do you also happen to have some additional screenshots showing the process you're taking to achieve the crash? Also, what version of SQL Source Control are you currently running?

Kind regards,

Kurt McCormick
    Product Support Engineer, Redgate

Need help? Take a look at our Help Center

• Hi @HL_ILO

Apologies for the delay.

Based on the error logs and the error message you are receiving "The given key was missing from the dictionary.", would you please try and update to the latest version of SQL Source Control? I have seen this fix this issue for another customer, so let me know if that works. Download link below:

https://download.red-gate.com/checkforupdates/SQLSourceControl/SQLSourceControl_7.4.11.16519.exe

Full error message:

2022-10-12 18:37:14.219 +02:00|Warning|RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.CompareEngineImpl.DatabaseProperties|1| Unable to connect to database Exm_001
    System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: La clé donnée était absente du dictionnaire.
       à System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
       à Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolGroupProviderInfo.CreateFailoverPermission(SqlConnectionString userConnectionOptions, String actualFailoverPartner)
       à Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolGroupProviderInfo.FailoverCheck(Boolean actualUseFailoverPartner, SqlConnectionString userConnectionOptions, String actualFailoverPartner)
       à Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, TimeoutTimer timeout)
       à Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(TimeoutTimer timeout, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
       à Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString userConnectionOptions, SessionData reconnectSessionData, ServerCertificateValidationCallback serverCallback, ClientCertificateRetrievalCallback clientCallback, DbConnectionPool pool, String accessToken, SqlClientOriginalNetworkAddressInfo originalNetworkAddressInfo, Boolean applyTransientFaultHandling)
       à Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       à Microsoft.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       à Microsoft.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection)
       à Microsoft.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection)
       à Microsoft.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, UInt32 waitForMultipleObjectsTimeout, Boolean allowCreate, Boolean onlyOneCheckConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
       à Microsoft.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
       à Microsoft.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
       à Microsoft.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       à Microsoft.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.TryOpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       à Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
       à Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, SqlConnectionOverrides overrides)
       à Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open(SqlConnectionOverrides overrides)
       à Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
       à RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.Utils.SqlQueries.GetDatabasePropertiesFromDatabase(IDbConnection databaseConnection)
       à RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.CompareEngineImpl.DatabaseProperties..ctor(String connectionString)

Kind regards,

Kurt McCormick
    Product Support Engineer, Redgate

Need help? Take a look at our Help Center