OPTIMIZE_FOR_SEQUENTIAL_KEY not being found?

DAHayDAHay Posts: 5 New member
SQL Compare states that it fully supports SQL 2019, but when I have an index that uses OPTIMIZE_FOR_SEQUENTIAL_KEY=True, it is not generated in any of the scripts, so doesn't show as a difference.   has this been addressed in later versions?  I am currently on 14.2.16.16006.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Jon_KirkwoodJon_Kirkwood Posts: 326 Silver 4

Hi @DAHay

Thank you for reaching out on the Redgate forums regarding your SQL Compare inquiry.

Unfortunately functionality around the OPTIMIZE_FOR_SEQUENTIAL_KEY is not yet implemented into the Compare engines that function in SQL Compare & SQL Data Compare.

I have escalated this gap in the software to our development team who have advised they have added it into their backlog and will include it in their next planning meeting. 

At this point I do not have an ETA on when it will be implemented but will endeavor to update this forum post as I receive information.

Otherwise I would suggest bookmarking the SQL Compare updates page for releases from v14.8.9 onwards that mention this added functionality.

https://documentation.red-gate.com/sc/release-notes-and-other-versions/sql-compare-14-8-release-notes

We appreciate your report on this missing feature for SQL Server 2019 and look forward to having it implemented in a future release.

Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software
  • Jon_KirkwoodJon_Kirkwood Posts: 326 Silver 4
    Checking in on this one - the dev team have moved this from their backlog into active work. 
    No release date to confirm just yet - but wanting to update that there is some movement happening behind the scenes.
    Looking forward to a more definitive update with a future post.
    Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Answers