How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.

Aggregation of top queries

Hello,

we have a lot of databases with the same structure. The list of the top queries shows the queries per database.
Is it possible to see the top queries aggregated over all databases?

Tobias
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi @tobias.schittkowski,

To clarify, when you say "database" do you mean a SQL Server instance, or an actual database on that instance?

The Top Queries section on the server overview page (when you click into the card for an instance from the Dashboard) will be for all the databases on the SQL Server instance represented by the card (and from 12.1.31 you can filter this list to specific databases, or as in previous versions you can scroll to the Databases section at the bottom of the Server overview page and click into a specific database to see database specific metrics and a Top Queries section already filtered to that database.

If you mean, as I think you might, "database" referring to a SQL Server instance, then no, there is not an overall aggregate view for all instances to see the Top Queries for the entire estate.  You can raise a feature request on the SQL Monitor Uservoice forum here https://sqlmonitor.uservoice.com/forums/91743-suggestions/filters/top.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Hi, 

I mean actual databases all on the same server. Each DB gets the same queries, so I would like to see the top queries aggregated over all DBs.

Currently, there are multiple lines for the same query if they are for different DBs.

Regards,
    Tobias

• Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi @tobias.schittkowski,

Ah, right I see what you are saying. 

Unfortunately it won't aggregate those queries that are from different databases (as you have seen).  You could filter to one of the databases (as described above either by using the Databases section or if in 12.1.31 by filtering the main Top Queries section by database using the Search box to see a single set of queries.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?