SQL Format throws error when code includes statistics updates with MAXDOP

FadiFadi Posts: 10 Bronze 1
The following code raises an error when I try to run Format SQL
UPDATE STATISTICS #table WITH MAXDOP = 1;
 The error is:

Answers

• Hi @Fadi

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this.

I am also seeing the same error when attempting to format that code, I will raise this with our development team and come back to you as soon as I have an update for you.
    Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • FadiFadi Posts: 10 Bronze 1
    Dan_J said:
    Hi @Fadi

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this.

I am also seeing the same error when attempting to format that code, I will raise this with our development team and come back to you as soon as I have an update for you.
    Thanks Dan. Looking forwards to the fix.

Fadi.
  • Hi there @Fadi

Just to advise that this is currently still with our development team. Again I will come back to you as soon as I have an update for you.
    Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Thank you for your patience whilst our development team investigated this error.

Unfortunately it is not something we are able to resolve as this error is being generated from the Microsoft SQL Parser and not code that we control.

Apologies we are unable to bring better news at this point, however this may be resolved through an update via Microsoft which would then be picked up by SQL Prompt in a future release.

Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software
  • FadiFadi Posts: 10 Bronze 1

Thank you for your patience whilst our development team investigated this error.

Unfortunately it is not something we are able to resolve as this error is being generated from the Microsoft SQL Parser and not code that we control.

Apologies we are unable to bring better news at this point, however this may be resolved through an update via Microsoft which would then be picked up by SQL Prompt in a future release.

Hello Jon,

Thanks for reaching back. 
    Out of curiosity, is the MS SQL Parser functionality independent of the Parse command SSMS uses?