Options

Missing Option for Options

bLiTzJoNbLiTzJoN Posts: 3
edited April 23, 2007 10:24AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I have been using an older version of SQL Prompt for a long time and decided to check out the trial version of v3 to see if it was advantageous to put in a request to purchase an upgrade. I'm happy with the prompter and I certainly see the benefits of upgrading; however, where do you adjust the options? In the old version I could access the options through the tray icon. Left clicking the icon doesn't do anything and right click only displays "what's this..", "Start..", and "Exit". I see the options panel in the help file. For the time being I have editing the options in the XML file, but it doesn't offer all the options. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

Thanks for posting. The support for Query Analyzer is a bit different in SQL Prompt 3.x. The tray application only offers two configration options: to disable it or exit. The program settings and cache options are available either in Query Analyzer or Management Studio -- we have inserted a SQL Prompt menu item to both applications with which you may access the settings.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
  • Options
    Do'h! I never thought to look at SMS for integration. I just assumed it was like v2 and accessible through the tray icon. Thanks!