Options

SQL Prompt doesn't refresh suggestions in VS 16.11.11 when current database changes

JoeSchmoe007JoeSchmoe007 Posts: 10 Bronze 1
edited March 31, 2022 5:32PM in SQL Prompt
If I right-click on SQL Server in Visual Studio and select "New Query" the master database opens initially because it is default.

I then select another database in "Available databases" drop-down however suggestions don't refresh. "SELECT * FROM " doesn't offer any tables from the database I just selected. I have to refresh suggestions manually.

Please note that Apex SQL Complete was able to do this for years. So it must be possible to detect when current database changes.

NOTE: suggestions do refresh automatically when "Change Connection" is used. But not when database is switched via drop-down.

Answers

• Options
    Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and I apologize that you are running into issues with SQL Prompt.

Can you please tell me what version of SQL Prompt you are using so that I can try to recreate your issue?

Thank you!

David Kim,
    Product Support Engineer

• Options
    JoeSchmoe007JoeSchmoe007 Posts: 10 Bronze 1
    dkim1999 said:
    Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and I apologize that you are running into issues with SQL Prompt.

Can you please tell me what version of SQL Prompt you are using so that I can try to recreate your issue?

Thank you!

David Kim,
    Product Support Engineer

• Options
    Hi there,

Unfortunately, because the development team and I have not been able to recreate the issue and there is a easy workaround, we will not be looking into this issue further.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Kind Regards,
    David Kim
    Product Support Engineer