Refresh Comparison Not working

LewieLewie Posts: 3
edited April 23, 2007 8:24AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I am working through the difference between two DB's and tried to refresh the changes I have made. The Refresh Comparison is giving me a Login error even though nothing has changed with the login passwords. I can still log in via SQL Manager. I don't want to exit and loose all my checkbox setting on the compare. So how do I save the project for one (could not find anything obvious to save the project) and how do I get the Refresh Comparison working without exiting the program to get the Login working again. :?:

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

This is interesting. Do you know about how much time passed between your initial comparison and when you clicked 'refresh'? I think that SQL Compare may be using the same connection for both operations, and possibly the server has terminated the connection because of a timeout or other factor.
  • Not sure. It could have been a few days. I would have thought it would reconnect if it had lost the connection. I have had it open again for 6 days and it has not lost the connection yet.
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

Do you mean that you'd had the program actually running for six days, or that you had last used the program in 6 days? I'd imagine that SQL Compare isn't designed to hold onto a connection for that long.