Options

SQL Compare list databases that begin with a number?

DERDER Posts: 2 New member
I am using SQL Compare 10.7 to support a SQL Server 2000 server. Some of the databases begin with a number. They don't show up in the dropdown of database names when I connect to the server. I know that such database names need to be enclosed in brackets when referencing them. Is there a way to get SQL Compare to do that?

Answers

• Options
    Hi,

Thank you for reaching out on the Redgate forums.

Are you able to share an example of your database naming structure and confirm the version of SQL Prompt you have installed (Help > About SQL Compare)

I've installed SQL Prompt v10.7.0 with a database starting with a number and it appears in the dropdown boxes and I was able to run a compare without error

I am running SQL Server 18 so this may be a limitation with SQL Server 2000 rather than SQL Compare.

Would like to better replicate your environment so we can look into this further to see what settings our software may have to get you up and running.

Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software
  • Options
    DERDER Posts: 2 New member
    Thanks for your help. The databases were there. Someone did not follow the naming convention and they were mixed with 700 other databases on the server.
  • Options
    No worries, glad you were able to locate the wayward databases
    Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software