FEATURE REQUEST - SQL Backup - Be able to copy to multiple locations using the wizard

mjnincmjninc Posts: 16 Bronze 1
Hi, I know I can script out multiple CopyTo locations outside of the wizard, but I'd like to be able to copy to multiple locations using the wizard.  

Reason:
If someone comes behind me after I've scripted it out on the actual job, and changes the job using the wizard, I think it would overwrite my changes where I added a second COPYTO argument. 

There is no visible way from the wizard to see which backup jobs have multiple copyto locations.  

Answers

• mjnincmjninc Posts: 16 Bronze 1
    I forgot to add I didn't see a section for SQL Backup on uservoice.

• Hi @mjninc

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this!

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to achieve this within the UI, like it is scripting it. I completely understand that having this functionality within the UI wizard would be useful, and so I am going to escalate this to our development team for their consideration.

Regarding SQL Backup not appearing on Uservoice, this is because our internal process to escalate/manage feature requests is slightly different for this product.
    Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Dan_JDan_J Posts: 446 Silver 2
    Hi @mjninc

Thank you for your patience with us on this while our development team reviewed the feature request you put forward to us. 

Unfortunately, due to the prioritization of current open issues, the available resources, and looking at the overall impact, on this occasion this is not something they are able to take on at this time.

I'm sorry this isn't the outcome you were looking for here, we do regret that it isn't possible for us to work on every feature request. 

Please don’t hesitate in reaching out to us again if you have any questions regarding this, or if you have any additional feature requests you would like us to put forward for consideration. 

We very much appreciate your understanding on this.

Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?