SQL Compare - SQL Prompt view compare problem

irisoftirisoft Posts: 13 Bronze 2
edited March 29, 2022 10:52AM in SQL Compare
Hi

Since you added SQL Prompt view the next/previous buttons from the lower pane of the comparison don't work anymore. It seems that it works for the SQL Prompt view but not for the SQL view (which is selected). Also placing the cursor manually on a line does not show line difference for the selected line in the SQL view (it works in the SQL Prompt view).

Also selecting a new object (table, procedure) is slow. Maybe it is because of the formatting. If so then the formatting should occur only if the SQL Prompt view is selected.

(SQL Compare 14.7.1.20862, Windows 10)

Thank you.

Comments

• Hi @irisoft,

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this.

Just to clarify, are you referring only to SQL Compare? Do the arrows work as expected in SQL Data Compare?

I'm going to test this in different versions of SQL Compare to reproduce this here.

Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • irisoftirisoft Posts: 13 Bronze 2
    Hi,
    The problem described is on SQL Compare and it started with the addition of the SQL Prompt view.
    Thank you.
  • irisoftirisoft Posts: 13 Bronze 2
    Hi,
    I installed SQL Compare 14.7.5 and it seems the main issue is gone.
    It still remains the fact that it's a bit slow when comparing long procedures because it needs to format them even if the SQL Prompt view is not selected. It would be a good optimization to do the formatting only if the SQL Prompt view is selected.
  • Hi @irisoft

Thanks for your update on this. I have also noticed that this has been resolved in SQL Compare 14.7.5, I'm glad this is now resolved.

Thank you also for your comment regarding the time taken to compare long procedures. Given the SQL Prompt view functionality is still relatively new, there will likely be things that will need addressing/ironing out, and so I will be sure to highlight this to our development team.

Thanks again.
    Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?