Visual Studio 2022 warning count exists for a file, yet zero warnings in Error List.

In Visual Studio 2022 when SQL Prompt extension is enabled I get warnings on an SQL file, yet when I click on the warning icon the Error List is blank.  Warnings are not being filtered out in the Error List, they are missing or the warning icon count is inaccurate. When I disable SQL Prompt there are no warnings.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• @martin_daniel,

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this!

Are you seeing this issue with any syntax you use? Or only for specific syntax?

Also, what version of SQL Prompt are you currently using?
    Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • martin_danielmartin_daniel Posts: 8 New member
    @Dan_J ,

It seems to be any syntax.  Here is an example.

This code generates the error "Incorrect Syntax near 'GO':
    SELECT * FROM 
    GO

The second generates a warning "Schema name for procedure is not specified."
    Se

The screenshot show the warning is recognized, but when clicked on it brings up the error list with no warnings. (see image below)

SQL Prompt 10.11.9.27382 (Latest Version)
    Visual Studio 2022 Version 17.1.5 (Current Release)

Thank you,
    Daniel

Here is a screenshot of when SQL Prompt is disabled:

• Hi @martin_daniel

Thanks for the additional information regarding this.

I think I have now been able to reproduce what you are seeing here and so I am going to escalate this to our development team for their input on this. I will come back to you again as soon as have an update.
    Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
    @Dan_J

Thanks for the update.  Once I started noticing the same with some errors I figured it may be a future feature that hadn't been implemented yet.

You have a great product with SQL Prompt!