Options

SQL Search is not available in Visual Studio 16.11.11 and 17.1.2 (but is available in SSMS 18.11.1).

JoeSchmoe007JoeSchmoe007 Posts: 10 Bronze 1
edited March 30, 2022 4:28PM in SQL Search
SQL Search is not available in Visual Studio 16.11.11 and 17.1.2 (but is available in SSMS 18.11.1 via toolbar).

It seems it should be under Tools menu (https://documentation.red-gate.com/ss/how-to-search) but it is not there.

This is using SQL Search 3.5.5.2703
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Ben_PBen_P Posts: 224 Silver 2
    Hi Joe, Thank you for your post. Are you able to try downloading SQL Search from VS marketplace. It should then appear under the Tools menu. 
  • Options
    JoeSchmoe007JoeSchmoe007 Posts: 10 Bronze 1
    edited April 2, 2022 5:22PM
    Ben_P said:
    Hi Joe, Thank you for your post. Are you able to try downloading SQL Search from VS marketplace. It should then appear under the Tools menu. 
    I just did that (prior to that it was installed as a part of SQL Toolbelt). It installed only in VS 2019 but not in VS 2022.

And it doesn't work in VS 2019: when I selected it in Tools menu I get this:

---------------------------
    Microsoft Visual Studio
    The 'VSPackage' package did not load correctly.

The problem may have been caused by a configuration change or by the installation of another extension. You can get more information by examining the file 'C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\16.0_bc8cc679\ActivityLog.xml'.

Restarting Visual Studio could help resolve this issue.

Continue to show this error message?
    Yes   No   

I do have a log file but don't want to post it here - is there a support email I can email it to?
  • Options
    Hi Joe,

I will create a support ticket and reach out to you via the ticket to ask for the log files.