How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.

SQL Monitor 12 Released

2»

Comments

• SQL Monitor 12.1.3 has been released. Direct download link.

Features

• PowerShell API now supports adding and removing tags to SQL Server instances, Amazon RDS Servers and Azure SQL Managed Instances. Added new Add-SqlMonitorTags and Remove-SqlMonitorTags cmdlet.

Improvements

• Add a toggle button to show system processes.

Fixes

• Handle scenarios where no severity exists for an alert.
    • Fixed failover cluster instance name not showing correctly in alert emails
    • Alert links from Dashboard now correctly lead to filtered Alert Inbox
    • Fixes a regression in the alert inbox where it would no longer automatically refresh.
    • CVE-2022-0868 Updated the urijs package to 1.19.10 to address a reported vulnerability. The vulnerability has a CVSS base score of 5.3 (Medium), but SQL Monitor's limited use of this library meant that it was not subject to the vulnerability. See https://security.snyk.io/vuln/SNYK-JS-URIJS-2419067 for more details.
    Lead Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • bmaynardbmaynard Posts: 5 New member
    So, I can only seem to get to these latest updates by coming to the forum here. The link in my web interface only takes me to a page saying no updates past 12.0.18, and the latest version link when I log into my account on this website gives me version 11.
  • bmaynard said:
    So, I can only seem to get to these latest updates by coming to the forum here. The link in my web interface only takes me to a page saying no updates past 12.0.18, and the latest version link when I log into my account on this website gives me version 11.
    Thank you for your report @bmaynard. We'll try to look into this issue. 

In the future, I encourage you to submit a request at https://support.red-gate.com/, as we don't guarantee monitoring forum posts and that way we can ensure the right level of support.
    Greg Smulko | Technical Architect for SQL Monitor | Redgate Software
  • SQL Monitor 12.1.4 has been released.
    See details in the release notes or download the latest version.

In the future, we are not going to post updates about new releases on this forum.
    Please rely on in-product notifications about new versions or keep monitoring the release notes page.
  • SQL Monitor 12.1.7 has been released. Direct download link.

Features

• AD (LDAP) Auth can now be configured using the base monitor service account, this includes GMSA accounts.

Fixes

• Fixed a broken link between the tempdb section of the server overview and the analysis page for Azure Managed Instances.

• Fixes an issue where tempdb graphs may show with incorrect legends.
    • CVE-2022-1233 Updated the urijs package to 1.19.11 to address a reported vulnerability. The vulnerability has a CVSS base score of 6.5 (Medium), but SQL Monitor's limited use of this library meant that it was not subject to the vulnerability. See https://security.snyk.io/vuln/SNYK-JS-URIJS-2440699 for more details.
    • CVE-2022-24785 Updated the moment package to 2.29.2 to address a reported vulnerability. The vulnerability has a CVSS base score of 7.5 (High), but SQL Monitor's limited use of this library meant that it was not subject to the vulnerability. See https://security.snyk.io/vuln/SNYK-JS-MOMENT-2440688 for more details.

Changes

• As announced previously, in version 12 of SQL Monitor monitoring of SQL Server 2005 is no longer supported. This version of SQL Monitor removes support for it completely.
  • DonFergusonDonFerguson Posts: 196 Silver 5
    Is there a reason we stopped getting update notifications published to this topic? 

The last one was as of this posting was nearly a month ago despite additional releases as seen here:

https://documentation.red-gate.com/sm/release-notes-and-other-versions/sql-monitor-12-1-release-notes
  • Is there a reason we stopped getting update notifications published to this topic? 
    Hi Don,

Thanks for reaching out.

We decided to stop posting updates to this forum, as I mentioned two posts above and in the first post of this thread:
    In the future, we are not going to post updates about new releases on this forum.
    Please rely on in-product notifications about new versions or keep monitoring the release notes page.
    The reason for it is that we put quite a lot of effort into automating our release process, and posting updates to the forum was the last manual step that was not really automatable.

We also weren't sure whether anybody cares about the updates we post here. Now we know that you do. :)

Do you think that the in-product notifications could work well enough for you?

• mykaskamykaska Posts: 19 Bronze 2
    Sorry to hear that it will be no direct link to download the update.
    But if the app does that without downloading trial and dealing with sales poeson every time that is fine. Also, it will be more efforts to provide a feedback if something is broken. Some people will just give up dealing with support first lune 
  • DonFergusonDonFerguson Posts: 196 Silver 5
    The app used to provide automatic notification, now it doesn't.  At least it doesn't all the time.  So yeah, the only way to know is by occasionally checking the release notes page myself.

Regarding in app release notes link, it currently takes us to the 12.0 Release notes paragraph as opposed to the 12.1 Release notes paragraph.  While that's not a huge issue, it's annoying.  
  • @mykaska
    Feel free to notify us about issues in this thread, but by notifying support you have a guarantee that the case will be taken care of. Just sending an email to support at redgate works too.

The direct link to the latest version is download the latest version.

@DonFerguson
    We tend to release a new version every Wednesday, if that helps.

Regarding automatic notifications about new updates, if it doesn't work right, it would be best if you could contact support and we'll try to resolve this issue that way.

Regarding the 12.0 release notes link, thanks for reporting, it should be fixed soon.