Options

I installed the SQL Prompt 10.11.0.26431 and the the field lists are mostly missing

I was prompted to install the latest version so I did.  I'm working on a long-ish T-SQL script.  Even after manually refreshing suggestions, I'm mostly not getting the lists of field names for a table alias and it's flagging all of my variable references as undefined.
I can't work this way. How can I back up to the previous version while you get this fixed?

Answers

• Options
    Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out and I apologize that you are running into issues with SQL Prompt.

What version of SQL Prompt are you currently using and what version were you previously using?

After that, we can proceed with rolling back to your previous version.

However, can you also send your current version logs by following the steps in this documentation: https://documentation.red-gate.com/sp/troubleshooting/finding-the-sql-prompt-log-files

Sincerely,
    David Kim
    Product Support Engineer

• Options
    David,

My previous version was 10.10.4.26165.

By the way, I discovered that the problem was on my side.  Someone pasted some lines into the middle of the script and one of those lines was a "GO".  Once I took that out, SQL Prompt went back to behaving as I expected.

There shouldn't be anyone else touching this particular script so it didn't occur to me to check for a 'GO' when I "knew" that there couldn't be one in the script.

I had a chat with the other developer.
  • Options
    Hi Michael,

I am glad to hear that everything is working for you.

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out!

Thank you!

Sincerely,
    David Kim
    Product Support Engineer.