Stored Procedure Differences Not Detected in 14.6.10.20102 Standard

I have a pair of databases where:

* a sproc exists in both but has a non-whitespace difference
* a sproc exists in one but not the other

but neither of these differences is flagged by SQL Compare.

I've tried refreshing and looked at the filters, first ensuring that all comparisons are checked, and then ensuring only stored procedures / functions are checked but no differences are detected.

Looking at the filter against each individual object type, there where no individual filters defined, but the "empty" filter against each is an "Include if..."  filter. I've tried flipping these to "Exclude if Object name begins with XXXXX" to ensure nothing is excluded, but again there are no detected differences.

Where else should I be checking to see what's going on?
Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @mrsean2k

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

I'm just testing this at the moment, would you mind just confirming what version of SQL Compare you are using?
    Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • mrsean2kmrsean2k Posts: 3 New member
    Hi,

I've just double-checked, and "Help" -> "About SQL Compare" returns 14.6.10.20102

Ta

S
  • mrsean2kmrsean2k Posts: 3 New member
    Hi Dan,

In the meantime I've been synching up the two DBs so that the original differences have disappeared and some new differences introduced.

All of these new sproc and function differences are reflected correctly.  I'm at a bit of a loss as I checked and rechecked the original comparisons to make sure I wasn't just blind from staring at things for so long and hadn't done something obvious like compared a DB to itself, but there were table-based differences that were reflected.

I haven't rebooted or restarted SQL Server but I have closed and reopened SQL Compare. I don't have anything other than memory to back this up so I appreciate it might not warrant much more time.

S
  • Hi @mrsean2k

My apology for the delay in coming back to you on this.

I'm glad this issue appears to have resolved itself!

I've have tried a number of times to replicate this, however for me SQL Compare is showing the expected results, in relation to sprocs. 

Without being able to see this issue 'live' makes this difficult to troubleshoot any further. Are you happy to keep an eye on this and inform us if you encounter this issue again?

Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?