MICHAEL INGERSOLL

SQL Search is not returning any results when using it in SSMS 2017. CHecking the log files, I find the following error when indexing:
ERROR ServerObjectIndexer - Exception while indexing server: 
System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'sqlite3_open_interop' in DLL 'SQLite.Interop.dll'.

This error occurs for any database I try. What are possible causes of this error?
Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Answers

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi, thank you for your forum post.

What version of SQL Search are you using?

A support ticket has been created for you.  I will send a private message with the details of the support ticket.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • mingersollmingersoll Posts: 4 New member
    Version 3.2.4.2262
    I just found a work-around, but it is not very practical.

I uninstalled the entire SQL Toolbelt suite and reinstalled only SQL Search and it worked. The application properly indexed the databases and the error listed previously did not occur.
    Thank you for your replies.

I agree not a very practical solution.  Have you reinstalled any of the other applications of the SQL Toolbelt?  If the answer is not yet, can you please try reinstalling SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare?  If you can continue using SQL Search, can you then please try SQL Prompt?

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd
  • rweingartnerrweingartner Posts: 1 New member
    I was having the same exact issue.  I had SQL Compare, SQL Data Compare, SQL Prompt, and SQL Search installed and had the issue with SQL Search.

I uninstalled SQL Compare, SQL Data Compare, and SQL Prompt.  (Did not uninstall SQL Search).  SQL Search worked.

In reinstalled SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare, SQL Search still worked.

I reinstalled SQL Prompt and SQL search stopped working.

I uninstalled SQL Prompt and SQL search started working again.

Hope this helps other people and in the research of the issue.
  • VivanVivan Posts: 5 Bronze 2
    This happens because SQL Prompt uses System.Data.SQLite 1.0.85.0 which clashes with SQL search's 1.0.110.0 resulting in the indexing failing as it is not able to find the right SQLite.Interop.DLL.

You can resolve this by replacing the System.Data.SQLite.dll in C:\ProgramData\Red Gate\SQL Search\Source with the older version (1.0.85.0, copied from SQL Prompt 9 folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 9). 

That way you can have both Prompt and Search running at the same time.
  • eg4325eg4325 Posts: 1 New member
    edited March 21, 2019 9:05PM
    I was having a similar problem with the Visual Studio 2017 (VS 2017) extension. The error was:

ERROR DatabaseObjectIndexer - Exception while indexing database {database name}: 
    System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'SQLite.Interop.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
       at System.Data.SQLite.UnsafeNativeMethods.sqlite3_config_none(SQLiteConfigOpsEnum op)
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.StaticIsInitialized()
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteLog.Initialize(String className)
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection..ctor(String connectionString, Boolean parseViaFramework)
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection..ctor(String connectionString)
       at RedGate.SQLSearch.Indexing.SQLite.SqliteDatabaseConnection.EnsureConnectionOpen()
       at RedGate.SQLSearch.Indexing.SQLite.SqliteDatabaseConnection.CreateCommand()
       at RedGate.SQLSearch.Indexing.SQLite.DatabaseObjectStorage.Initialise()
       at RedGate.SQLSearch.Indexing.DatabaseObjectIndexer.Index()

The SQL Search version was 3.2.4.2262. I noticed the extension install directory did not have the referenced SQLite.Interop.dll. The install directory was "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\Extensions\001ss942.rgs".

I ended up installing the SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) SQL Search version (also 3.2.4.2262). I then copied the SQLite.Interop.DLL file (version 1.0.110.0) from "C:\ProgramData\Red Gate\SQL Search\Source" to the Visual Studio directory referenced above. This solved my problem.
    The problem has been identified as a mis-match between a third party component that both SQL Search and SQL Prompt use.  

This is now resolved by upgrading to the latest versions of both SQL Prompt and SQL Search using this link to the latest SQL Toolbelt installer.

Many Thanks
    Eddie

Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Thanks rweingartner.

I found the exact same issue. After having success by uninstalling everything and only reinstalling SQL Search, I then reinstalled everything else except SQL Prompt. SQL Search continued to work afterward.

There seems to be some conflict between SQL Prompt and SQL Search. I'm not using Prompt at all, so I guess this solves my problem...

...but the overall issue remains.
  • rishorisho Posts: 1 New member
    Hello,
    having error: Unable to load DLL 'SQLite.Interop.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

after uninstalling SQL Prompt and reinstall SQL Search error not showing, but search returns no results.

any suggestions how to make SQL Search working again?

SQL Search version: 3.5.5.2703
    framework: 4.8.04084
    SSMS file version: 2019.0150.18390.00 ((SSMS_Rel).211001-1445)
    SSMS product version: 15.0.18390.0

Thanks