Tab History - Duplicate Entries

With the latest release (10.10.2.25539), I am now seeing duplicate entries in my tab history. I've confirmed that they're the same content for the same server and database.

Tagged:

Comments

• Same problem here.
    I'd like to add that upon opening SSMS all tabs are restored twice. 

• AshleeAshlee Posts: 2 New member
    Same problem immediately after updating to version 10.10.2.25539.

Not all tabs are duplicated, but most are. Cannot determine a pattern explaining why only some tabs are duplicated. Tried closing all tabs, then removing all tabs from Closed history. Immediately saw duplicates appearing under Open again when creating a new query.

For duplicate tabs, I'm finding that one instance opens the tab as expected and the duplicate instance displays an error Document not found.

• Same problem on 2 machines after upgrading to 10.10.2.25539
  • Same problem after updating to version 10.10.2.25539.  And if I don't close the duplicate tabs then those get duplicated as well.  So having three tabs open quickly becomes 12 after opening and closing SSMS three times.
  • How do we get red-gate to acknowledged this as a bug?
  • kondrichkondrich Posts: 79 Bronze 2
    Same problem here with 10.10.2.
    Regards, Klaus
  • Hi all,

Thank you very much for highlighting this issue to us. Our apology for the delay in acknowledging this post!

We have reproduced this issue here and have escalated it to our development team. We will update you all again as soon as we have an update on this.

Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • aisbergaisberg Posts: 15 Bronze 1
    I have a similar issue (maybe it is the same): When I open SSMS, then the tabs from the last session are restored 3 times. I must delete all these duplicates. But I get this error every time. I get this only after upgrading to 10.10.2
  • Bobby_TablesBobby_Tables Posts: 12 Bronze 2
    edited December 30, 2021 3:00PM
    It's all related to the same version. Do what I did, uninstall the latest version and install the previous here.
  • Hi all,

Just to advise that a fix for this issue will be included in the next release of SQL Prompt. I'm not sure exactly when this will be, however I expect this to be at some point next week.

I will update you again as soon as I have a further update.

Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • e_le_l Posts: 4 New member
    By next release, do you mean 10.10.3.25844? The duplicate tab issue exists with this version.
  • e_l said:
    By next release, do you mean 10.10.3.25844? The duplicate tab issue exists with this version.
    The issue was resolved with this version. At least it has been for me.
  • AshleeAshlee Posts: 2 New member
    I can confirm installing 10.10.3.25844 resolved the issue for me. Not seeing duplicate tabs in Tab History anymore. I did clear my history to remove any duplicates that were created previously. Did you try clearing after the upgrade?
    Yes. I had one tab open that when I re-opened it opened 4 versions of it.
    I've reinstalled SQLToolbelt with the latest (2nd time today). I'll wait to see if this happens again.
  • Michael_TMichael_T Posts: 1 New member
    I'm having the same issue. Tabs are being duplicated on launch.   But I just tried something that seemed to work for me.

1. Close all tabs.
    2. Go into SQL Prompt Options/Tab/History  - Deselect opening tabs and reconnecting them.
    3. Close SSMS
    4. Open SSMS
    5. Open Tabs from Tab History
    6. Go into SQL Prompt Options/Tab/History - select opening tabs and reconnecting.
    7. Close SSMS
    8. Open SSMS

I had 3 tabs open on close, upon opening SSMS, I had just the 3 tabs again, no duplicates.
    Guess it might be some registry issue with tracking open tabs.