transfer license to another user in the same team

I need to transfer my SQL source control license to another user on my team. How do I do that?

Answers

• Hi Deep,

You will need to log in to the Portal with your Redgate ID (this will be the email you used to register with). Once logged in, go to the license overview page and select the option to Manage license next to the license you want to change. You will need to remove yourself as a user and then invite the new user from that page. 

Please see this article for more on this:

Managing license users, owners & admins 
  • DeepDeep Posts: 20 Bronze 1
    Hi Ben, When I log on to the portal, I see the "Trial" button on SQL Source Control. Why does it show "Trial" We have bought a license for this.
    Also if I remove myself from SQL Source Control license, will I be able to add another user? I dont want to cancel our license.
  • Hi Deep,

The portal will also show trial licenses so if you are an assigned user on that license then you will see it in the portal. 

Are you sure that a stand-alone license was purchased for SQL Source Control? Did your organization purchase a Tool bundle instead? If they did then SQL Source Control is likely part of that bundle.  
    We purchased a bundle of the tool belt. SQL Source Control is part of that bundle.
    For transferring SQL Source Control license to my colleague, if I remove myself from SQL Source Control license, will I be able to add another user? I don't want to cancel our license.
  • If you remove yourself from the license you will still be able to invite another user to the license as you are also an admin on that license. If you remove yourself and send the invite to the user, they will receive an email letting them know.