ESC key no longer removes suggestions

My SQL Prompt suggestions used to disappear when I tapped the ESC key, now they don't.  Is this a setting?  Why did this change?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi @LeeRobinson

That is rather peculiar though I have seen it once before. In their case it was being caused by another SSMS extension that they had recently upgraded.

Does your ESC key work correctly in other parts of SSMS? Or other applications? 
  • LeeRobinsonLeeRobinson Posts: 19 Bronze 2
    edited October 21, 2021 1:55PM
    I have not noticed that it stopped working for any other situation.  I do have another extension.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll remove that other extension and see if that makes a difference.  I have been using both extensions for several years now and only recently noticed that the ESC has stopped working.  I'll also ask vendor of SSMS ToolPack to see if they recently made changes that would have this effect.  Possibly they changed whether the ESC key is passed on after firing their own event for it.
  • nhustak2nhustak2 Posts: 8 Bronze 1
    edited October 21, 2021 12:00AM
    - removed-
  • I have noticed that it stopped working for any other situation.  I do have another extension.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll remove that other extension and see if that makes a difference.  I have been using both extensions for several years now and only recently noticed that the ESC has stopped working.  I'll also ask vendor of SSMS ToolPack to see if they recently made changes that would have this effect.  Possibly they changed whether the ESC key is passed on after firing their own event for it.
    Ah, I am ALSO an SSMS ToolPack user and I recently updated it.  I bet you are right on the money.
  • Thank you for that.  I just did the same and the ESC key is working fine now.