Options

Trying to apply migration script - "Failed to apply migrations" error

We have started trying to use separate development databases for each developer. I made some changes on mine, including two migration scripts, and committed those changes, and pushed the master branch. My colleague pulled the changes, and then of course the plugin asked him to apply some unapplied scripts (two migration scripts and four programmable object scripts).

He clicks apply, and immediately this error shows up: "Failed to apply migrations. Unable to load deployment script template Migration"

What does this mean? How do I fix it? It's not very helpful.

The way I asked him to get around it was open the migration scripts, execute them manually, then mark them as applied, and that worked. Not a good way to keep moving forward, though.

Best Answer

• Options
    squigleysquigley Posts: 231 Gold 1
    Good Afternoon!
    Thanks for your inquiry and sorry to hear about your issue with SQL Change Automation.
    Can you try restarting SSMS on your end to see if that helps?

Sean Quigley | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

Answers

• Options
    DylanPDylanP Posts: 10 New member
    edited October 7, 2021 1:08AM
    I'm guessing it did. I haven't heard back specifically but it seems to be working for him now. I guess it had just been a while since he'd restarted. Still a rather unhelpful error message though - maybe you can edit these message internally to say "We suggest you restart SSMS".