SQL Doc: expired, edition standard message when running from scheduler

KarenSKarenS Posts: 3 Bronze 1
I have a DOS/BAT windows command file that executes a SQLDOC command on a server where I have installed and licensed a copy of the SQLDOC product. When I log onto the server and execute the BAT file, it executes and creates the documentation without any trouble. When I try to execute the exact same BAT file from the scheduler, it gives an error message: SQL Doc: expired, edition standard SQL Doc 3 V3.2.4.953 message and the process errs out. The scheduler does use a different user, but the error seems to be related to the licensing. Is this some how licensed to the user and not the machine? When I ran tests with a trial license I had the same issue, and I deactivated my toolbelt license and used it on the server temporarily to make sure it would work, and that worked fine. So we purchased the SQLDOC license, and now I am back to the problem of SQLDOC thinking my license is expired.
Tagged:

Comments

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi Karen,

I believe we've got this working through your support ticket, but please let us know if any other issues come up!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• KarenSKarenS Posts: 3 Bronze 1
    Hi Jessica,
    Yes, this issue got resolved. I posted this in the wrong spot, and couldn't figure out how to move it, and it was under previous versions. Thank you.
    Karen
  • Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Thanks Karen! I've moved it to the right forum. :)

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• SGovoniSGovoni Posts: 2 New member
    Hi,
    i'm using SQL Doc 5 and i have the same problem orginally mentioned by Karen.

Do you have any suggestion about a possible resolution?
  • KarenSKarenS Posts: 3 Bronze 1
    I wish I could remember how this got fixed.  It was four years ago so the same solution might no longer apply.

I checked the ticket to see if they posted the resolution and checked our internal system to see if a ticket had been created for someone else to create a user to match the user on the scheduler.  There wasn't  anything on the resolution.   It seems like it had something to do with too many users on that license because it was licensed to my PC or to my account and it wasn't an expired license.   I could be wrong on this, because I have had other issues where I've had to deactivate a license and start over to be allowed to get it to work.  Redgate support ended up helping me through it.   
  • SGovoniSGovoni Posts: 2 New member
    Thanks Karen, i have contacted the support.