Options

sql prompt gone after run as different user

drpsgdrpsg Posts: 9
edited October 3, 2007 10:12PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
When I start management studio with 'run as' another user, I get the message to remove the sql prompt add-in.

After yes or no the sql prompt is no longer usable. The only solution is to re-install SQL prompt :( After the re-install I get a error after each closing of a tab....

There must be a better solution :cry::cry::(

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately you have encountered a known bug with SQL Prompt. The development team are ware of this issue, and it has been logged in their development database as SP-784. I have associated your support ticket number with the bug, so we will be able to update you when the status changes. The actual fix version has not yet been assigned because the fault is still under review.

I'm afraid the only suggestion I can make at this point is to run SSMS with the normal user account.

I have found that if you do not choose to remove the ad-in when SSMS starts, then it will not affect SQL Prompt when logging in with the other user.

Thanks for taking the time to report this.
    Chris
  • Options
    meastland75meastland75 Posts: 3 New member
    Any update on making SQL Prompt place nice with the runas functionality for SSMS?