Profiling .NET Core 3.1 application but getting no profiling information

Hello,

I am trying out the ANTS profiler but not able to get it working. I am trying to profile a simple .NET Core 3.1 Console Application and when I launch, I simply get "waiting for client" in the status bar and no profile information. I am running against the debug output directory, and setting my working directory to the debug directory where the .pdb files are but no luck. Have tried both running as .NET Core Application and .NET Executable.
Tagged:

Answers

• MikeMuguMikeMugu Posts: 3 New member
    I am seeing this in the Event Viewer:
    .NET Runtime version 4.0.30319.0 - The profiler has requested that the CLR instance not load the profiler into this process.  Profiler CLSID: '{cf0d821e-299b-5307-a3d8-b283c03916da}'.  Process ID (decimal): 30800.  Message ID: [0x2516].
  • Ben_PBen_P Posts: 223 Silver 1
    Hi Mike,

Thank you for your post.

When the profiler shows the status "waiting for client" it usually means that it's waiting for the web application to start and load the .NET framework (the profiler doesn't hook in and start gathering data until the .NET framework loads). 

If this is not the issue then pleas let me know and I will raise a support ticket for you.
  • MikeMuguMikeMugu Posts: 3 New member
    Hi Ben,

I am not profiling a web application, I was trying to profile a .net executable built with .NET Core 3.1 (command line executable). 

Mike
  • Ben_PBen_P Posts: 223 Silver 1
    Hi Mike,

I'll open up a ticket for you so that we you can send the log files across for further troubleshooting.
  • Yoyo_geYoyo_ge Posts: 1 New member
    Having the same issue, I would love to hear what the solution is...
  • SteveHoffSteveHoff Posts: 3 New member
    Same issue cannot profile ANY dotnet core apps. Hugely disappointed as I just recommended this to my company and we purchased licenses.

It use to work great on dotnet, does nothing on core.