How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Post Deletion of Monitored server(s) not removing linked tiles from reports

To whom it may concern,

When a server is deleted from monitored servers including all stats data it is not deleting the tabs is reports tabs it is included in.
Please can a cascade feature be added in future versions so they are removed.
Please see attached screenshot. The server was removed from redgate as it was decommissioned. I have had to obscure the report name and server name for client confidentiality reasons.

Thanks Phil

Answers

• Options

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this.

When deleting a server it can take a short while for the UI to catch up. Just to check, since raising this issue, are you continuing to see the information in relation to this server still showing?

Also, what version of SQL Monitor are you currently using?

Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    PDredge_AgilisysPDredge_Agilisys Posts: 9 New member
    edited July 19, 2021 2:06PM
    Hi Dan,

I just checked now, no the tiles are still there. So it is likely to be the web and | or base monitor versions that may be that its not supported in the current version.
  • Options

My apology for the delay in responding to you on this!

I have talked this through with someone from our SQL Monitor team to clarify my understanding on this. They have advised that actually the tiles you are seeing won't disappear. This is because they could have more than one server relating to them (and so could still be edited to add a different server than the one which it was originally referencing upon creation).  In other words, the report definition (the tiles, metrics, etc) does not depend on the entities it references.

Essentially, the tile(s) you are referring to will never disappear, even after the server it relates to has been removed.

I appreciate that being able to remove these tiles in some way would beneficial, and so I encourage you to log a feature request on our SQL Monitor UserVoice page: https://sqlmonitor.uservoice.com/forums/91743-suggestions  so that our development team have visibility of it.

Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?