storing the db in a different location

jboyerjboyer Posts: 11 Bronze 2
edited July 16, 2021 9:49PM in SQL Prompt
where is the db located? Can I change its location?
Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @jboyer

This isn't a function in SQL Prompt.

Can you provide a little more information on what it is you're trying to achieve?
    Kind regards

Victoria Wiseman | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • jboyerjboyer Posts: 11 Bronze 2
    Thanks, Victoria
    I am using a couple of systems for development, like a desktop and a laptop. I have all my code either in OneDrive or GIT.

When accessing my clients 'databases I use SSMS and SQL Prompt is my key support when developing. The Tab feature is used all the time.

I have found the knowledge base entry for storing Snippets in a different location, using a change in the Registry.
    I made the change and the database of saved tabs was found along with the snippets. I did not see that documented. (Storing in OneDrive)
    In an ideal world, the choice of directory s/b left to the user at install time.

Thanks for your help.
  • Hi jboyer

It sounds like you are looking at keeping tab history consistent across your laptop and your desktop? This is located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Red Gate\sql prompt 10. Unfortunately you cannot repoint this location. you can copy the file to the other machine but that would be a point in time of the tabs available.