Options

Migrated to Azure and Search and prompt is not working

we are migrating to Azure and prompt does not see the table and Search does not populate any thing such as DBs and Tables. Does this mean my user does not have permissions to master?  Any thought about what I should do to get this to work?  Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    @mon40

Could you confirm what's your SQL Prompt version and which authentication mode do you use?

Thanks.
    Kind regards

Tianjiao Li | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    mon40mon40 Posts: 5 New member
    Thanks I just upgrade before replying to you just in case it fixed it which it did not. 

Active Directory with MFA Support. 
  • Options
    We use windows authentication on prem and that works.  So you might be on the right path asking me authentication mode. 
  • Options
    Thanks I think we are there now.  And thanks for the voting information. 
  • Options
    A short follow up.  It seems like I need to refresh suggestions multiple times as sometimes it doesn't not connect to our managed instance.  I keep an eye now on the bottom right to make sure it connects without error.  It had nothing to do about permissions.  The fact that SQL search was not working made me infer that it was permission problems 
  • Options
    Ben_Walker09Ben_Walker09 Posts: 2 New member
    Troubleshoot the Azure Migrate appliance and discovery. Refer to the Microsoft document that helps you troubleshoot issues when deploying the Azure Migrate appliance, and using the appliance to discover. It'll be better to take the advantage of azure migration services to help safeguard your business.