SmartAssembly slows down after update from 6.11 to 6.13

Hello,

I would like to ask if it's any reason or known issue that after update SA from version 6.11.1.406 to 6.11.2 or 6.13.3 the smart assembly significantly slows down?
I tried to update to both versions but after each one, the time for the SmartAssembly process grew up from 8.3 minutes to 22 minutes (for a few DLLs). I would like to add that we have two different processes, started one by one and causes together 28 minutes delay.

The reason why I would like to update the SmartAssembly is that, after some changes in a code I'm getting this exception:

[mscorlib]System.ValueTuple`2

The most likely cause is that SmartAssembly has used a different version of a dependency from the version used by XYZ.UIBase.dll.  

If the details below are wrong, please use the MandatoryPath attribute in the .saproj file to ensure that the correct version of the dependency is found.

Assembly that should contain the missing symbol: C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.6.1\mscorlib.dll
SmartAssembly.InformationException: SmartAssembly has encountered an invalid symbol:

The assembly mscorlib is resolver correctly.
2021-04-22 14:29:18,684 DEBUG   SmartAssembly.AssemblyReader: Resolved assembly {mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089} to C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\mscorlib\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.dll

After Update SmartAssembly to version 6.13.3, I don't get it anymore, but the time needed to encrypt the whole DLLs takes too much time now.

Maybe you know how to fix it or why SmartAssembly slows down after update?

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi there,

Thank you for your post.

Is there a reason that you are using version 6.13.3? From your account it looks like you should be able to use version 8. 

Regarding the speed to encrypt though, there is no know issue that I am aware of that would cause it to slow down. It could also be environmental but it would be hard to tell without a reproduction. The Machine that you are running it on, what are the specs?  
  • Pawel_PPawel_P Posts: 4 New member
    Hi Ben_P,

to be honest we are using still 6.11.1.406 not 6.13.3.
    I didn't want to update it (before me issue with build), because of the slow down and upcoming delivery.

1. Windows Server 2012R2
    Intel(R) Xenon(R) Gold 6226 CPU @2.70GHz (2 core)
    16GB RAM
    64-Bit

2. Windows Server 2016
    Intel(R) Xenon(R) Gold 6226 CPU @2.70GHz (4 core)
    16GB RAM
    64-Bit

What is also strange, the second machine (Windows Server 2016) is slower than Windows Server 2012R2, even though it has more cores.

I check on Monday, how it's look like the performance with Smart Assembly 8. 

Regards
  • Hi Pawel_P

Were you able to try this with SmartAssembly 8? Did you see any change to performance? 
  • Pawel_PPawel_P Posts: 4 New member
    edited April 27, 2021 8:45AM
    Hi Ben_P

Smart Assembly 6.11:
    the run for the first part DLLs took 8.4 minutes (7 DLLs)
    the second part took 7.8 (12 DLLs but they are smaller)

Smart Assembly 8.0
    the first part took 4.4 minutes
    the second part took 3.4 minutes

I will regenerate the configuration files and adjust the SmartAssembly 8 on the production server and I write you more details but now it looks promising!

Thank you ben!
  • Ben_PBen_P Posts: 222 Silver 1
    Hi Pawel_P

That is starting to look more promising then before. Please do let me know if you see a dip in performance or if the numbers start to look similar to the results you had with SA 6.11.