SQL Search no longer working

I am using SSMS 18.8 and SQL Search 3.5.3.2624... or I WAS using SQL Search.  It is no longer working at all.  All the textboxes and dropdowns are simply greyed out, disabled.  It was working until today, then all of sudden it stopped.  I have tried uninstalling SQL Search and then reinstalling it, but still it does not work.

I would like to get this working again, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Answers

• Hi Margo, 

Thanks for your post. 

Please could you try disconnecting SQL server, open SQL Search, and then reconnect SQL Server? If this solves the issue then I'm afraid it sounds like a known bug in SQL Search. If it doesn't solve the issue, of course, let me know and I'll try to help further. 
    Kind regards

Robyn Edwards | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • chuckchuck Posts: 29 Bronze 2
    Robyn said:
    Hi Margo, 

Thanks for your post. 

Please could you try disconnecting SQL server, open SQL Search, and then reconnect SQL Server? If this solves the issue then I'm afraid it sounds like a known bug in SQL Search. If it doesn't solve the issue, of course, let me know and I'll try to help further. 

When will this known bug get fixed? What's the tracking number for this bug? something like SDI-762
  • Hi,

Same issue for me. Tried disconnecting/reconnecting and a re-install, but still not working.