Options

DLM Version 2.1 not removing Schemabinding from dependent Views (but 2.0 does...)

Well, I tried asking support about this but was hit with the 'it is not supported (even though we wrote it) so go to the forums (ok, I guess being a paying customer for more than a decade earns me this). Not even a guess or stab at THE TOOL YOU WROTE. IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO ASK QUESTIONS YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE RELEASED IT JESUS.

So here I am, and the question is simple. We have a view using "WITH SCHEMABINDING". We are using the DLM with Octopus Deploy. If we have DLM 2.0 installed on the client machine, the deploy works fine. When we 'upgrade' to 2.1 +, it throws an error that it cannot alter the table connected to the view because of the SCHEMABINDING property. It looks like 2.0 is properly dropping the dependencies, but 2.1 does not. I am hoping there is just some option that needs to be set but not sure where to look as I can't find a damn thing about this online. 

Well, thanks for any help. It is really appreciated.

M.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi @melegant

Unfortunately, there's no option for this and it's potentially a bug, however, DLM has been replaced by SQL Change Automation and the advice would be to upgrade to the latest version of SCA PS. This is because we can't fix bugs in legacy versions of our software. 

Sorry, this isn't the ideal response!

Kind regards

Dan Calver | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our 
    Help Center?

• Options
    melegantmelegant Posts: 2 New member
    Thanks Dan. I appreciate the response. We do want to update our change automation as each deployment is on prem. We were hoping that there was a simple switch with this as managing each tenant to make sure they are on a specific DLM version will be a pain. 
    Thanks again,
    M.
  • Options
    Hi @melegant

With SCA and the add ons, you can specify a particular version if that helps!

Kind regards

Dan Calver | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our 
    Help Center?