Options

removing SQL prompt from VS 2019

Hey all, I had to do a reinstall of Visual Studio 2019.  I have an older license of SQL prompt which seems attached to VS but I cannot remove it.  I would like to remove it fully from VS but keep it in SSMS.  Is there a way to do that?  It is not something that extensions can uninstall.  Presently it shows as installed under extensions menu, with a menu and is functional although in the extensions dialog it shows as disabled.  *boggle*

Answers

• Options
    Hi Dave,

My name is Ben from the Customer Support Team.

Regarding your issue about uninstalling SQL Prompt from VS, are you are to send a screenshot of what you are seeing when you try to uninstall SQL Prompt in the tools menu. 

Also just to confirm are you going to Extensions > Manage Extensions>?
  • Options
    BrandenBranden Posts: 1 New member
    edited September 7, 2023 11:03PM
    SQL Prompt is buggy when editing SQL script. I want to remove SQL Prompt from VS2019 but cannot find uninstall menu. I want to keep SQL prompt in SSMS though. 

Is there way to uninstall only from VS ?

There is no installed SQL prompt in Manage Extension however, it appear in Extensions menu like this. 

• Options
    JonathanNJonathanN Posts: 1 New member
    If you uninstall and reinstall SQL Prompt, there is an option in the installer to install into "SQL Server Management Studio only".