My SQL Search is disabled.

vp19vp19 Posts: 3 New member
My SQL Search is disabled. I see have license with correct serial number. 
Tagged:

Answers

• RobynRobyn Posts: 173 Silver 5
    Hi, 

Thanks for your post. 

In what way is SQL Search disabled? If it is greyed out, try disconnecting SQL server, open SQL Search, and then reconnect SQL Server. 
    Kind regards

Robyn Edwards | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • vp19vp19 Posts: 3 New member
    Robyn said:
    Hi, 

Thanks for your post. 

In what way is SQL Search disabled? If it is greyed out, try disconnecting SQL server, open SQL Search, and then reconnect SQL Server. 

I tried doing it but did not help. Basically i was seeing SQL Search in my SSMS, but i do not see it any longer. 
    Which version of SSMS are you using? And have you upgraded SSMS recently? After every SSMS upgrade, you will need to uninstall and reinstall SQL Search before it integrates into your updated SSMS version. 
    Kind regards

• vp19vp19 Posts: 3 New member
    I am using SSMS 2016. Yes it was upgraded recently but then we also uninstall and install back red gate. 
    Please could you try: 
    1. Open Add or Remove Programs 
    2. Uninstall the tool
    3. If it still exists, delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Red gate\SQL Search
    4. If it still exists, delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\XXX\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\Extensions\SQL Search
    5. Reinstall the tool once more. 

Have you also checked to make sure the toolbar has not just been collapsed? If you have other Redgate Tools installed and you can see these in the toolbar, try dragging the toolbar to a different area of the screen which allows any hidden tabs to expand. 
    Kind regards