SQL Formatting Question

S_in_AZS_in_AZ Posts: 3 New member
edited October 16, 2020 2:14PM in SQL Prompt
Formatting issues with comments /* */, and I can't figure out if it is something in my formatting style that is causing this, or maybe if it's just not addressed.  Here is what my code looks like after it is formatted, and below it is how I would like it to look. I'm trying to have the /* comment beginning line up with ending comment line. Thank you.

After Formatting:

/********************************************************************************************************
DML
********************************************************************************************************/

/****************************************************************************************************
    Set the Try/Catch error variables here
    ****************************************************************************************************/
        SET @ErrorNumber = 0
        SET @SERVERNAME

/****************************************************************************************************
    prevent
    ****************************************************************************************************/
        SET DATEFIRST 7;

Determine the Cutoff
        SET @CutoffDate = DATEADD(YEAR, @NumberOfYears, @StartDate)

How I would like it to look:

/********************************************************************************************************
DML
********************************************************************************************************/

Set the Try/Catch error variables here
        SET @ErrorNumber   = 0
        SET @SERVERNAME

prevent 
        SET DATEFIRST 7;

Determine the Cutoff
        SET @CutoffDate = DATEADD(YEAR, @NumberOfYears, @StartDate)
Tagged:

Answers