Edit Style - Preview Not Working

StevePeStevePe Posts: 8 New member
Since upgrading from 10.4x to 10.5x, when I edit a Style, the preview at the bottom does not change, as I change options. This happens regardless if I use the default preview or if I have checked the Preview Current query option.
This occurs with Styles I had prior to the upgrade, and when I edit (a copy of) one of the default Red-Gate styles.
For example, under Global/List, if I switch from "commas before items" to "commas after items", the preview does not update. The same happens for all the options  in all sections - any changes I make are not reflected in the preview.
SQL Prompt v 10.5.4.17397. Microsoft SQL Server Tools 17. SSMS 17.9.1.

Answers

• Hi Steve,

We have reproduced the issue and escalated it to the development team. I will let you know as soon as there is an update from the development team.

Regards,
    Sujay
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our 
    Help Center?
  • StevePeStevePe Posts: 8 New member
    Sujay said:
    Hi Steve,

We have reproduced the issue and escalated it to the development team. I will let you know as soon as there is an update from the development team.

Regards,
    Sujay
    Thank you, I look forward to an update.
  • Having the same problem
    I just noticed new release notes for 10.5.6.17542 that say "Fixed an issue where the live preview does not update when editing styles". I updated to this release and live preview is still not working. I even uninstalled SQL Prompt, removed my Styles folder from AppData, and reinstalled. Still doesn't work. This is very frustrating, especially since we have strict code style rules, and I can't use live preview to update my styles to comply.
    10.5.6.17542 release seems to have resolved this issue for me.