Options

TFS Link Not Working

We have SQL Source Control (7.2.11.11679) linked to our Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018 instance and it is working fine.  However, when we try to deploy FROM TFS using SQL Compare, it is telling us that we do not have the required software installed. This a new error / condition that has showed up since installing the latest SQL Compare version (14.4.4.16824).  Prior to updating, this error was not present and everything worked fine.  I am on a Windows 10 (20H2 Build 19042.685) machine with Visual Studio 2019 (16.8.3) and SQL Server Management Studio (18.5.1) installed.  Our workaround is to Compare/Deploy from a Dev/QA server instance to a Production server instance instead of TFS -> Production.  This is not an ideal situation for us and we would appreciate any and all assistance.

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    VBJVVBJV Posts: 13 Bronze 2
    @DanC
    Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know that a fix has been posted.  I was able to download/install the new version.  I can confirm that everything is looking much better on my end.  The error does indeed appear to be resolved.  
  • Options
    Hi @VBJV

You're most welcome, I'm pleased to hear the new update fixed the issue for you!

If you come across any other issues or have any questions, don't hesitate to get in contact with us on support.

Kind regards

Dan Calver | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our 
    Help Center?